How it works
Whirlyvent Roof Mounted mechanical ventilation
Like traditional attic fans, the Whirlyvent solar roof exhaust fan removes hot, stagnant air from your roof space and allows your air conditioner to more efficiently cool the house. What makes our solar fan even better is that it requires no public electricity, that means not only are the attic fan's operational costs zero but your installation works are easier. Our solar fans blend seamlessly into your roofline and are extremely quiet, if it wasn't for the energy savings, you might forget they are there.
With summer just around the corner, most people are looking for options to cool their home. Roof ventilation has always been a popular option but what products are best for my home and how do I know it will help?
Firstly, roof ventilation should not be considered for only cooling your home, its most important feature is creating a healthy roof cavity. By having roof ventilation, not only do you cool your roof cavity, but you also remove moisture that causes most roof cavity issues, such as ceiling mould, wood rot and a habitable living space for all your creepy crawlies.
Will roof ventilation work on my home?
The simple answer is YES. The process of roof ventilation is all about how much hot air is trapped inside your roof cavity and how quickly you can exchange with cool air from outside the home. Every home has an element of "trapped" hot air. Remember it will also help with all those moisture issues above.
How much will it cool my home and how many do I need?
While the air outside your home may be 30 degrees, your roof cavity can reach up to 50-60 degrees. By removing this hot air, you can have a dramatic effect on the temperature inside your home.
There are a lot of different variables when ventilating your roof cavity, which is why manufacturers struggle to provide how much their product will lower the temperature of your home. The more hot air trapped in your roof, the more difference roof ventilation will make on your home.
The third and final question is "which product should I choose?"
The third and final question is “which product should I choose?”
- Effectiveness – exchanging the hot air within your roof cavity with air from outside is the most important element. This makes the airflow of your roof ventilator most important. So do I choose a wind vent or solar powered mechanical vent?
- Most mechanical ventilation will typically extract more air than 15 standard wind vents.
- Mechanical ventilation will still operate on hot days when there is no wind.
- Life span – with many imports entering Australia, longevity is becoming more of an issue. While many manufacturers offer long warranties, many also have exclusions on motors. Make sure you look at the warranty across the whole products particularly on the motors. The difference is usually in the type of motor. Brush motors usually require the brushes replaced every couple of years. Brushless motors will tend to last longer often receiving a longer warranty period.
- Aesthetic – how will our solar power roof ventilation blend in with your
How the product looks on a roof will vary from person to person, especially if it’s on the front side of the home. The value of roof ventilation should be assessed on the amount of airflow, longevity of the product and the price.
- Uses no electricity and pays for itself
- Reduces heat build-up and moisture
- Decreases cooling costs
- Fights mould and fungal decay
- Reduces damaging condensation n Sleek slimline unit
- Whirlyvent cools the roof space by installing eave vents around the house, the roof fan creates a cross flow of air at the desired air changes which reduces the temperature of the house.
- Whirlyvent cools the room directly by installing ducting down to the room from the roof fan. This creates a cross flow of air in the room at the desired air changes which reduces the temperature of the room directly.
- Whirlyvent cools several rooms directly by installing multiple ducting’s down to the rooms from the roof fan. This creates a cross flow of air in the room at the desired air changes which reduces the temperature of the room directly.
NORMALY OPTIONS BUT NOW FITTED AS STANDARD ON ALL UNITS
* CHOICE OF A PRESET THERMOSTAT IS STANDARD ON ALL MODELS
* A FAN GUARD IS FITTED ON ALL MODELS
1. Solar powered
The Whirlyvent solar roof exhaust fan removes hot, stagnant air from your roof space which cools your home. In addition it allows your air conditioner to more efficiently cool the house. What makes our solar fan even better is that it requires no public electricity, this means not only are the fan's operational costs zero but your installation works are easier. Our solar fans blend seamlessly into your roofline, are available in many colours, and are extremely quiet. if it wasn't for the energy savings, you might even forget that you have one.
2. Low voltage powered
The Whirlyvent solar roof exhaust fan removes hot, stagnant air from your roof space, which cools your home. In addition it allows your air conditioner to more efficiently cool the house. Our solar fans blend seamlessly into your roofline, are available in many colours, and yes they are extremely quiet. If it wasn't for the energy savings, you might even forget that you have one.
3. Hybrid system
The Wirleyvent Hybrid Solar and low voltage powered roof fan provides the best of both. Your system operates during the day using the suns solar energy and at night or cloudy days, it uses low voltage power to keep powering on. The Whirlyvent solar roof exhaust fan removes hot, stagnant air from your roof space which cools your home. In addition it allows your air conditioner to more efficiently cool the house. What makes our solar fan even better is that it requires no public electricity during the day. Our solar fans blend seamlessly into your roofline, are available in many colours, and are extremely quiet. if it wasn't for the energy savings, you might even forget that you have one.
Patented Air Draft Design, for a Higher Efficiency!
Our patent-designed turbine wind guide metal blades structure is adopted in this ventilator.
Following a 360-degree swirl ventilation mode and being free from outside airstream interferes, it can work efficiently in sunny days to exhaust out the indoor heat & smell and not let any exterior air going in, so as to keep the living & working environment always clean & fresh.
In raining windy days, this air draft design can also efficiently prevent the rains or winds from flowing backward.
Housing construction is powder coated steel alloy and comes with a 15 Year warrantee.
Most Advancing Technology for IP68 MotorTo assist our solar exhaust fans be working excellent also in special environments like greenhouse / water tank where its surrounding is very humid, we've self-developed a brushless dc motor that is IP68 waterproof, and its quality can be guaranteed even by dipping it into water for tests! The motor is quiet and comes with high quality sealed ball bearings encased in a alloy motor shell. The motor is super relable and comes with a 5 year warrantee.
Horizontally 90° Regulation
This roof exhaust fan carries a horizontal adjustment platform design for the solar panel to rotate left or right and face towards the sun, this rotation can be as big as to 90°.
Vertically 4° Position
To capture most direct sunlight for the device to work most efficiently, its solar panel can be adjusted vertically at 4 angles, that is 0°, 15°, 30° & 45°.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR WHIRLYVENT Customize your whirlyvent
To have an unique and good fit solar fan working in the best way for you, you can DIY and enjoy our tailor-make services, like:
Using power cord switch to control the fan on/off flexibly at any time
Adding fan guard to prevent the fan blades being damaged by flying objects
Utilizing solar battery system to support the fan runs nonstop in sunless periods under battery supply
Adopting AC/DC power adapter to support the fan runs nonstop in sunless periods under grid supply
Besides these, you can also enjoy the following services:
Using remote controller to have the fan start rotating or stay static
Requesting larger power solar panel for stronger venting flow
Ordering your own color for the product metal case
Improving air circulation
Taking advantage of the free & clean solar energy, this roof exhaust fan will pump out the interior heat & moisture to balance your house temperature, so as to provide a refreshing ventilation and more environmental-friendly surrounding, and to lower down your general power consumption cost.
Reducing moisture & harmful mildews
When collided with chilly attic-roof in winter, the interior warm & humid air will condense into water droplets, such saturated humidity might cause dangerous electrical short circuit or create mildews to harm your plasterboards. An adequate & more active indoor ventilation provided by this exhaust fan can help remove these moisture contents & harmful elements for you.
5 Reasons to call Whirlyvent:
- Keeps you cool at home even when it gets Hot
- Saves you money
- Decreases your power bill in Summer
- Lets your home look and feel good
- Gives you peace of mind
For a FREE QUOTE
DYI or we can install,
Call 1300 577 777
or contact us online